Speakeasy Night…Shhh! Don’t Forget the Password!
Duxbury Rural & Historical Society
Friday, October 18, 2019 (6-8 pm)
Nathaniel Winsor Jr. House (479 Washington Street, Duxbury)
A fantastic evening celebrating Duxbury’s bootlegging history! Join the DRHS at the historic Nathaniel Winsor, Jr. House, especially decorated as a 1930s Speakeasy, an illicit establishment that sold alcoholic drinks during prohibition. Guests to Speakeasy Night will enjoy a little bit of history combined with delicious food and drink, a water-front view, and live music.
- Historic house decorated for the theme by notable decorator, Kate McCusker, Theodore & Co.
- Jazz Music
- Hear stories of Duxbury’s Prohibition history, presented by Duxbury’s beloved Town Historian, Tony Kelso (truly…he has the best stories!)
- Raw Bar donated by Duxbury’s own, Island Creek Oysters
- Food & Bar provided by Boston Beer Company/Sam Adams
- Period costumes encouraged, but not required.
But, most of all, keep quiet, and don’t forget the password!
Advanced Tickets are required and will be available at this website starting September 3rd.
Speakeasy Admission: $60 pp; $55 DRHS Members. Ticket includes access to entertainment, food, and two drink tickets (cash bar available). Must be 21+ to attend Speakeasy Night. Speakeasy tickets must be purchased in advance and are non-refundable. Details of the event are subject to change; any changes will be posted here.