The Duxbury Rural & Historical Society was founded in 1883, and acquired its first building (the Drew House on Washington Street) in 1916. Later building acquisitions included the King Caesar House (1965), the Bradford House (1968), Cedarfield (1969), the Allen Boathouse (1980), and Nathaniel Winsor Jr. House (1997). After sale of the Drew House, the DRHS established the Drew Archival Library in a town-owned property, the Wright Building (1908) in 2006.
Today, the Nathaniel Winsor Jr. House and the Drew Archival Library are open to the public year-round. King Caesar and Bradford House Museums both offer summer public visitation and are available by appointment during the rest of the year. The public is invited to Cedarfield and the Allen Boathouse according to the rules and regulations for those properties (see Lands).