The Bradford and King Caesar Historic Houses open for tours on June 5, 2020.
They will be open on the following schedule:
- Month of June: Fridays and Saturdays, 1pm-4pm.
- Months of July – Sept. 19: Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays, 1pm-4pm [CLOSED July 4]
- Select Saturdays throughout Fall 2020 (Oct. 10, Nov. 7)
Featured This Year at the Bradford & King Caesar Historic Houses:
- A small changing exhibition at the Bradford House entitled, “Coming to a Pilgrim Town” will feature souvenirs from Duxbury’s tourist eras. This exhibition compliments the 2020 special exhibition on display at the Nathaniel Winsor Jr. House (479 Washington Street), entitled “”Creating a Legacy: 400 years of Duxbury & the Pilgrims.”
- View the newly installed first floor bedchamber and see King Caesar’s Counting Rooms, now installed in the Potter Gallery. Caesar’s Counting Rooms were the heart of his business and an important addition to the historic house experience.
Please also visit our new exhibition on display at the Nathaniel Winsor Jr. House (479 Washington Street): “Creating a Legacy: 400 years of Duxbury & the Pilgrims.” On view from May 28 – September 19, a special exhibition in honor of 2020’s 400th anniversary commemorations in Plymouth. Since its founding as the second Pilgrim settlement, Duxbury’s residents have continuously invoked the town’s Pilgrim history, for a variety of reasons. From William Brewster’s Puritan spoon, to modern day souvenirs, this exhibition explores the discovery of items left behind, as well as those created to craft the legacy of Duxbury’s Pilgrim past. Open free to the public, Monday-Friday, 10 am – 3 pm.
Admission Rates for Bradford & King Caesar:
Admission for one house: $6 pp (adults); $4 pp (seniors/students); children under 6 are free.
Discounted combo ticket to visit both houses: $10 pp (adults); $6 (seniors/students); children under 6 are free. Redeem your ticket during any regular house season hours. This offer may not be combined with any other discounts.
Ways to Save:
- FREE FRIDAYS for Duxbury Residents (proof of residency may be required).
- AAA: $1 off single-house admission for AAA Members.
- Blue Star Museums: free admission for Active Duty Military, members of the Reserves & National Guard, and their families.
- Free admission extended to AAM, NEMA and other affiliated professionals.
- DRHS is a member of the North American Reciprocal Museum Association (NARM) and offers free admission to card holders.
- We participate in EBT Card to Culture, offering free admission to card holders.
- Become a DRHS Member! Free admission, always: Sign Up Online
Group Tours: Friends & Family Tours are perfect for your club, organization, or even your family! Enjoy a private tour of either house with a private tour guide; also available outside of regular public hours. Please call our office to make a reservation. Tour Minimum: $25.