Souvenir Plate of the Alden House, circa 1890
DRHS Collection, 2005.250.001
Souvenir Alden House square saucer decorated with the etching of the house and inscription “John Alden House Duxbury Mass Erected 1623”
The Alden House Historic Site is a house museum that was purportedly home to John and Priscilla Alden. It is located at 105 Alden Street in Duxbury. Family tradition held that the house was built in 1653 as the second home of John and Priscilla Alden. In 2003, dendrochronological and architectural analysis of the structure suggests that it was built c. 1700 by the descendants of John and Priscilla.
Return to Exhibition Main Page.